This is the sight that welcomed us last Saturday in Koeln. The giant 1959 Buick Electra 225 front was named Sofia in honour of the first European town Bon Jovi visited on their current Because We Can Tour.
Here are a few numbers for you:
- The stage is more than 40 metres wide
- 350 crew members are needed to build it
- They started to build the stage for the Saturday concert on the Tuesday
- They drank 900 cups of coffee a day
- The stage fills 115 trucks
- It also fills 1’600 huge cases
- The base consists of 430 tons of steel
- The roof itself weighs 165 tons
- The screens are made of more than 600’000 LED lights
- The high definition images projected during the show required 1’900 hours of production
Yesterday I promised to tell you all about Sofia and now you know… Simply the most impressive stage I have ever seen!