Our weekend was wonderful. Here are a few snippets for you:
- The thirtieth anniversary of a huge music store on Saturday
- Chatting with friends we met there
- Listening to some of the long list of bands performing
- Being lucky enough to have secured a table under a tent when a massive storm broke out
- Second Daughter trying EVERY possible instrument on offer
- Saying that the drums were pretty cool (not so sure about that one!)
- But being even more impressed with the electric guitar as you can see (looks like competition for Sexy Hubby in a few years?)
- Packing our luxury picnic on Sunday morning
- Curious? We had honey marinated chicken legs, pasta salad with lots of veggies and red lentils, tortilla with a twist and delicious apple muffins
- All homemade by our team of three!
- Sexy Hubby looked very sweet on his bike with two baskets, including a bucolic wicker one
- Setting off for the fifteen kilometre ride in the gorgeous sun
- Crossing the river on the ferry (a trip highlight for Second Daughter)
- Settling on the “beach” (at a lake, not the sea, one cannot have everything) and savouring said picnic
- Dozing in the sun
- Testing the water and deciding that we might have to wait a few more weeks until we can really swim in it
- Going home late afternoon, and congratulating Second Daughter on how brilliantly she did on the thirty kilometre round trip!
What was your weekend like?