It has been so long since:
- I reached for my mobile on a Monday morning to discuss with you the latest episode of whatever series we were both watching at the time.
- You took my girls out on your boat for a ride on that lake you loved so much.
- We had a heated argument, followed by sitting down together to sort it out, ending the conversation with a hug.
- You called me “ma grande”.
- You stood on the balcony at the chalet, your face breaking into a smile as our car pulled up in the driveway.
When you passed away I lost the only person who could completely understand how I feel and how I function. We were so alike.
And perhaps the saddest part is that I will never get the chance to say goodbye to you.
You will find more Dad stories here: Sticky Fingers.