As announced in my London, here I come! post last week, I attended on Saturday June 1st the Cybher blogging conference. I had a blast and would like to thank Casa in Italia, a company offering a vast choice of dream holiday houses and flats to rent in Italy, for sponsoring my ticket! 🙂
I have read a few Cybher posts already and there are all different and interesting in their own way; you can find them on the Cybher blog. Today’s post gives my personal highlights. Tuesday is usually dedicated to Fashion, Beauty & Wellness on my blog, but since Cybher really boosted my blogging mojo I declare that this post definitely falls into the Wellness category! 😉
Here is what I loved:
1. I am not a shy person so I was not feeling stressed about attending, even though this was my first blogging conference and I had not met anyone “in the flesh” before. Should you decide to go next year and experience a rising anxiety level, DO NOT FEEL THAT WAY! Everybody I came across was very friendly and easy to talk to. From the very first moment I arrived for registration and joined the queue there was someone to interact with. Attendants naturally started conversations with the people next to them, to the extent that just standing there quite happily looking around was enough to be included in an ongoing chat. Did I mention it is not necessary to get nervous? 😉
2. I am also an organised person, and as such I was impressed with the way the conference was run. Sessions started and finished on time (give or take a few minutes), everything was well signposted, registration went smoothly as participants were directed to different tables alphabetically, no chaos whatsoever. Hats off to Siân and her team!
3. Seventeen sessions to choose from… Obviously as two or three were always running simultaneously I did not attend them all. The ones I did attend were all hosted by professionals who really knew their stuff and were engaging.
4. The conference sponsors were present and friendly but not “in your face”. It was up to you to visit them or not. For example, I had a lovely chat on the Freya Lingerie stand and I am now looking forward to blogging about their products!
5. The confident way Zoe Margolis walked into the coffee break room when she arrived. It struck me, and her subsequent keynote certainly had my whole attention.
6. How entertaining Mario Cacciottolo was during our chat and then during his Someone Once Photographed Me! session. We are now all “Lords of the Light” thanks to him and I learned some great photography tips. Mario and his lovely girlfriend Kate, a travel blogger, are now off around the world for one year. Check out Mario’s current project on his Someone Once Told Me website. I loved the idea so much that I took part. Cannot wait to see the result!
7. The way Adam Pacitti had us in stitches during his Going Viral presentation. Still chuckling thinking about it!
8. The energy of the Social Women & Business panel. Some truly inspiring ladies! Find out about their petition to keep a woman on English banknotes here.
9. The fact that this fantastic day ended with a cocktail party. Perfect.
10. The nice goodie bags from the sponsors…
11. The gorgeous neon Pod bag from The Leather Satchel Co. (I love it so much there will be a dedicated post very soon).
12. And finally I very much enjoyed surprising EVERYONE I talked to: You came from GERMANY for the conference? 😉
The “Lords of the Light” moment during the Someone Once Photographed Me! session
There I am in my leopard print dress, a bit slow in joining in, laughing too much!
Photo courtesy of Jay Mountford