Hello and welcome!
I am Katia, aka Funky Wellies, enjoying life in my adoptive country.
Married to Sexy Hubby, I have two amazing daughters, a very cute dog and a
I have recently completed my first novel, Foundation, the opening book of The Crossing Lives Trilogy. You can find out about this fiction book here. I am currently also working as a trilingual freelance writer and MarCom consultant while keeping this blog up to date. Find out more about what you could hire me for on my PR page.
I am passionate about many, many things, including but not limited to:
- Writing: Rather stating the obvious here?
- Reading (in French, English and, still slower but practicing, in German): A pile of books around the bed is a permanent feature in our bedroom and the bookshelves are creaking under the load. It does not stop me from buying more, though. I cannot help it.
- Travelling: Discovering new countries and cities, coming across different cultures and tasting unknown food… Looks like I have passed the bug onto my daughters.
- Dressing up: I do love a fabulous, sexy outfit. A dress and high heels if I choose. Jeans and cowgirl boots if Sexy Hubby chooses. I like both, though.
- Laughing with family and friends: If you are not half chocking and crying, you are not laughing hard enough…
- Italian cars: With a strong preference for Ferraris. Our family currently owns a smooth Lancia Delta and a fabulous Fiat 500 convertible.
- Gastronomy: I cannot resist, life is too short.
- Chocolate and good wines: See above.
- Sport: For the endorphin high and keeping in shape while still eating everything I like!
- Wellness: I simply cannot survive through the winter without regular trips to the sauna and the hamam. I am quite partial to massages too.
- The music of Bon Jovi: If you pay my Entertainment page a visit you will understand.
- Being silly: Running around the home singing – or rather shouting – the theme of the
Batman 60’s series draped in
blanketscapes and my dead frog impression are prime
- Trying to overcome a phobia of frogs and toads: Loooong story going back to my
childhood. Still working on it.
- Surprising my loved ones in many little and big ways: It does not take much to make someone you love smile. A note stuck on the bathroom mirror can do just that.
Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it!
PS: I would like to point out that all content on my blog, texts and photos, is copyright protected. I am happy for you to reproduce some of this content on other websites as long as you ask me first and credit my work. Not unreasonable to ask for this courtesy, is it?