Hello and welcome!
I am Katia, aka Funky Wellies, enjoying life in my adoptive country.
Married to Sexy Hubby, I have two amazing daughters and a Mediterranean temper…
I am passionate about many, many things, including but not limited to:
- Writing: Rather stating the obvious here?
- Reading (in French, English and, still slower but practicing, in German): A pile of books around the bed is a permanent feature in our bedroom and the bookshelves are creaking under the load. It does not stop me from buying more, though. I cannot help it.
- Travelling: Discovering new countries and cities, coming across different cultures and tasting unknown food… Looks like I have passed the bug onto my daughters.
- Dressing up: I do love a fabulous, sexy outfit. A dress and high heels if I choose. Jeans and cowgirl boots if Sexy Hubby chooses. I like both, though.
- Laughing with family and friends: If you are not half chocking and crying, you are not laughing hard enough…
- Italian cars: With a strong preference for Ferraris. I am currently driving a fabulous Fiat 500 convertible.
- Gastronomy: I cannot resist, life is too short.
- Chocolate and good wines: See above.
- Sport: For the endorphin high and keeping in shape while still eating everything I like!
- Wellness: I simply cannot survive through the winter without regular trips to the sauna and the hamam. I am quite partial to massages too.
- The music of Bon Jovi: If you pay my Entertainment page a visit you will understand.
- Being silly: Running around the home singing – or rather shouting – the theme of the
Batman 60’s series draped in
blanketscapes and my dead frog impression are prime
- Trying to overcome a phobia of frogs and toads: Loooong story going back to my
childhood. Still working on it.
- Surprising my loved ones in many little and big ways: It does not take much to make someone you love smile. A note stuck on the bathroom mirror can do just that.
Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it! 🙂
PS: All content on my blog, texts and photos, is copyright protected. I am happy for you to reproduce some of this content on other websites as long as you ask me first and credit my work. You can email me at funky_wellies at fastmail.fm.